Terms of visas, passports and nationality procedures in Colombia are suspended.
By means of the
Resolution 1296 of 2020, the Ministry of Foreign Relations suspended the terms
on visas, passports and nationality procedures as a transitional measure due to
the state of health emergency declared by COVID-19.
Below you will find the
measures adopted by the Ministry in this matter:
- The Visa application process from
foreigners who are outside Colombia is suspended.
- Only foreigners who are currently in
Colombia can submit visa applications through electronic means.
- Those holding Visitor Visas will not
be able to make applications for a Migrant Visa, they must remain in the
Suspension of terms
The following terms are
suspended until the end of the health emergency in Colombia:
- Term of validity of the Visitor Visa
to provide temporary services to a natural or legal entity in Colombia and
to occupy any position at a headquarters in Colombia pursuant to an inter
company personal transfer.
- Term of validity of the Migrant Visa, whenever
foreigners are abroad and the visa is valid as of 21 April, 2020.
- Term of the early termination of visas
due to the absence of national territory for Migrant and Resident visas.
- Terms provided for the printing and
stamping of the Visa Label. In this sense, foreigners may identify
themselves with the electronic visa.
- Deadlines to claim the passport once
it is issued.
- Terms to issue a certificate of
renunciation of nationality.
- Terms to issue the nationality
Suspension of procedures
In accordance with the
Resolution, the following procedures are suspended until the end of the health
emergency in Colombia:
These measures are in
force until May 30, 2020 or until the health emergency ends.
Ver todas las publicaciones